Chat log started at 2.12.2007 / 19:08:15

'Dewi Morgan' connected
Campaign saved.
GM: [1d20 = 4]
GM: [4]
'alistair' connected
GM: [1d20 = 3]
GM: Test roll [1d20 = 10]
GM: Test roll [10]
Benjamin Wolff: !0? Fuh, I can beat that easily!
Benjamin Wolff: [1d4+10 = 13]
GM: [30d100 = 801]
GM: [801]
Revealing all die rolls
Benjamin Wolff: heh :)
GM: [30d100 = 789]
'Rev' connected
GM: Hi
Benjamin Wolff: Still can't connect, though - you sure the server's running?
Campaign saved.
GM: ? - Cant connect? You're here !!
Benjamin Wolff: I am? I could have sworn I was in Streatham.
Benjamin Wolff: Well, if I'm there, I guess I don't need to connect, I can just talk aloud.
GM: I hope the message got out..about tonight being on.
Campaign saved.
Benjamin Wolff: I got two emails about it :)
Benjamin Wolff: ow was the trip?
Shatter: This is terrible. I just realized that I haven't thought about the campaign at all the last few weeks.
Shatter: I'm as void of good ideas as I was the last time. That's not very encouraging.
Shatter: I was supposed to come up with something smart before we continue
Benjamin Wolff: I have a window that still says "loading" - is that deliberate?
GM: Oh..maybe..Maybe my pictures are too large.
GM: I sent out a pic of patriot and a bank map
Shatter: goot the map now
GM: Wow. I must have a really slow connection out tonight.
Benjamin Wolff: Same here - patriot and bank
Campaign saved.
Shatter: I was just afking so not sure how long it took to load really
Benjamin Wolff: you're not slow my brain is. About 3hrs sleep/night last 2 nights, and far more alcohol than I'm used to.
Shatter: Got patriot fairly instantaneously
Benjamin Wolff: Oh you mean other people not here
Benjamin Wolff: still like 3 mins or so left.
GM: Dont worry. A day ago I was 8 hours off this time zone. My body thinks this is 3:30am
GM: Odd thing is Alistair actually connected at one point.. but hasnt picked his character yet.
GM: And he's not in Skype
Benjamin Wolff: Al has been upgraded while you were away and now comes with a built-in stealth ninja mode. Didn't yu know?
Campaign saved.
GM: Not looking good.. only 2 of you
GM: Although I'm having lots of fun with the bank map
Shatter: Aww, the others aren't showing up?
GM: Which is entirely my fault..since I only got the message out today..
Campaign saved.
Benjamin Wolff: *some* of us have been showing up religiously every weekend anyway!
Benjamin Wolff: Because I forgot that it was canceled :)
Shatter: Well its pretty predictable that this thing generally runs on Sundays
Shatter: So I would've had checked my email anyway, just in case. Hopefully that's the same for the others as well
GM: Give them half an hour?
GM: And I'll keep checking skype to see if they are on
Shatter: Fine by me. Not going anywhere today anyway
'alistair' disconnected
'alistair' connected
Benjamin Wolff: Who just lost 0s & Xs?
GM: I both won and lost ;)
Campaign saved.
GM: Anyone want to take X?
'alistair' disconnected
'alistair' connected
GM: hi Al
alistair (Sander Cohen): hi there
GM: No MArk or Richard
alistair (Sander Cohen): Do we know if Richard will be joining us? I saw Mark's forum post
Shatter: Didn't Mark say he can't make it today
GM: So just no Richard..
Campaign saved.
Declan: Okay. I'm going to kick off and appologise to Richard when I get the chance for the late warning etc.
At the end of last session a brutal shockwave of heat and fire turned the Marriot hotel into a huge glass volcano shape..
Patriot vanioshed into the skies heading east, fast
And PRA (or atleast Gordon on the phone) tells you Patriot is accelerating towards mach 20 or 30 !!
GM: So what are people doing?
Campaign saved.
Rev (Shatter): Shatter is at the top floor of the building to the west, looking down at the ruins. How is the damage to the room he's in and what kind of a room is it?
Rev (Shatter): The fire guy can still be seen at the crater, right?
Benjamin Wolff: At the moment hiding and waiting for the bad guy to be ported to somewhere safe so that patriot will think he destroyed him, and hoping that I get ported so I can start illusioning fire guy into thinking peaceful happy thoughts.
GM: It appears to be some sort of store room. Lots of boxes of stationary etc. The windows shattered before you arrived, but now the room is a scorched and the papers on high shelves which were exposed to the blast are burning.
Rev (Shatter): is very much planning on porting the Fire guy to the room he's in if its secure
Benjamin Wolff: Just got dinner brought onna tray - woot!
GM: The firy guy appears to be trying to climb out of the glass basin he's made, but hes having trouble - he keeps sliding back towards the center (glass is low frictrion)
Sander Cohen: moves toward the crater
Shatter curses and makes all the burning material around him disappear
Rev (Shatter): So sending it into the Pocket...
Gordon Laymark (on phone): Guys.. We have telemetry on Patriot.
Sander Cohen: Where is he now, Gordon?
Hiding all die rolls
Gordon Laymark (on phone): He's just accelerated passed mach 55. At his current rate he'll be back with you in under 20 minutes..and thats going the long way round.
Campaign saved.
Revealing all die rolls
Sander Cohen: Is he in orbit?
Shatter: /a Once the room clears he sends his senses trough the door to the room, checking the adjoining area
Gordon Laymark (on phone): We cant really be sure from Satalitte imigary, but he appears to be flying BELOW cloud cover.
-> Shatter: You appear to be on the office level of a bank.
Sander Cohen: Well, sounds like Patriot will be sufficiently high enough that we don't need to worry about him. If he were going to crash into us then he would have done it by now
Shatter: As quickly as possible finds an empty office with an chair and no windows and memorises it. Then he runs to the window and ports the Flame guy into that office room. (Let me know if you want me to chop this action down a bit but he's trying to be as hasty as possible.)
Rev (Shatter): and that was supposed to be an action
Gordon Laymark (on phone): How close to the crater was Sander moving?
Benjamin Wolff: /act preps an illlusion of a peaceful and very empty cool green field, with nothing moving or throwable in it. Birdsong, a gentle breeze, etc...
GM (on phone): How close to the crater was Sander moving?
Campaign saved.
Shatter charges into the corridor, locates a likely room, and charges back to the room with the window.
Shatter (While running around, searching for a suitable location): Everyone, I'm Bringing him up here. If you want to come along, move to the crater area so I can see you.
Sander Cohen: I wanted to get close enough to be within shouting distance of the 'fire guy'
Gordon Laymark (on phone): You're not going to like this. He's now at mach 65. We really dont know how fast he can go..
-> Sander Cohen: Okay.. You are atleast that close
-> Shatter: You are back at the window. You can see fire guy and Sander
-> Benjamin Wolff: You've got a pretty clear image of that glade all ready..
Benjamin Wolff: Flying below cloud cover at mach 65. imagine that will cause some damage in itself.
Shatter focuses on the Fire Guy and then portals him into the office room.
Shatter: After that he pulls Sander up to the room where Shatter's in.
With an effect like shattering glass the firey figure vanishes.
And the room where Shatter is suddenly becomes incredibly hot.
Gordon Laymark: [1d20 = 8]
Campaign saved.
GM (on phone): (but not hot enough to harm you)
Sander Cohen: Get me up there, Shatter :)
Shatter: I'm in the room with the window and not in the room with the fire guy. So it gets hot in here as well?
Shatter: heh if so, I hope he doesn't burn a hole on the floor
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Great, the GM is phoning it in now :P
-> Shatter: Oh.. I presumed a two step. TP to you, then from you to the room. Sorry.
Shatter: NP, wanted to pick up Sander and then enter the room normally. Just to lessen the shock of it all for the Fire guy
Then suddenly, Sander is in the room with Shatter. There are signs that very briefly the fiery guy was here before being sent elsewhere.
Shatter: Sander, try to keep the air cool if you can.
Sander Cohen: What's the temperature in the room like?
Shatter: Target is in a room close by. We best go there. Act calm, we need to take control of the situation fast.
Sander Cohen: Tries to cool the air with environmental control
Sander Cohen: cool <> freeze :)
The room cools rapidly back to a reasonable temperature.
Shatter leads Sander to the room to the office
Sander Cohen: ok, let's go
Sander Cohen: follows Shatter
GM (on phone): What is Benjamin doing?
Campaign saved.
Shatter takes a moment to make sure that he doesn't seem out of breath from all that running and then opens the door and enters it doing his best to look confident.
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Still sitting on my hams picturing a pretty field and waiting to be ported I think.
The room Shatter picked has a table, four metal chairs and a phone. Had a phone really. Its now molten plastic. The acrillic smell hits your nostrels as you enter the room - that and the smell of smoldering carpet.
Sander Cohen: can I snare the 'fire guy' to keep him in place?
A figure, now glowing a lighter orangy colour backs away from the door.
-> Sander Cohen: Yes.. but you're not sure how long ice will hold someone hot enough to melt plastics at a range of a few meters.
Campaign saved.
Sander Cohen: I'll give it a shot :)
Shatter (Doing his best to appear as he owns the room and the situation.): Greetings
Shatter: I'd tell you to sit but that might be a tad hard at the moment
Sander Cohen: snares the fire guy to cool him and the situation
Shatter steps away from the doorway to make sure he's not between Sander and the target
As Shatter speaks 'water' starts to pool around the molten guys feet, and then rapidly turns to steam. The guy barely notices.
Fiery Guy (nervous): Woaw.. Wait.
Fiery Guy: [1d20 = 5]
Sander Cohen: Does the firey guy look nervous?
Shatter smiles calmly
Fiery Guy: Its hard to be sure. His body language suggests he is nervous..frightened possibly, but his facial features are masked by the reddy glow.
GM: Its hard to be sure. His body language suggests he is nervous..frightened possibly, but his facial features are masked by the reddy glow.
Shatter: Do not be alarmed. We're simply here to talk.
Fiery Guy: I didnt do it. I didnt mean it.
Shatter: We are aware of that.
Benjamin Wolff: Scratches his butt, thoughtfully picturing dew condensing on the dasies...
Campaign saved.
Shatter: If you fully co-operate from now on we can promise you that you will not incur further punishment
Fiery Guy: I cant control it. It just happens.
Sander Cohen: We can help you.
OUtside the National guard are cautiously appraoching the remains oif the Marriot.
Fiery Guy: No.. Dont come close I'll hurt you.
Sander Cohen: We can help you control your abilities if you're willing to allow us to help you do that.
Benjamin Wolff: stands outside in the warm sun, not in any way quistioning the advisability of questioning a chap known to be powerfully screwed up nor the advisability of leaving your team members stranded when there's a mach-80 or so missile inbound...
Gordon Laymark: Guys. I dont know how you are coping there, but you have a little over 7 minutes before Patriots back.
alistair (Sander Cohen): If he was inbound then he'd be pointing towards the ground. He can't be doing that because he would already have crashed
Rev (Shatter): Sorry Ben, would LOVE to pick you up but Shatter can only move those he has a line of sight to.
Shatter: The first order of business is to move you out of here
Shatter: We can do that by moving you temporarily to a safe place
Sander Cohen: Are you willing to come with us?
Shatter: But for this to happen, you must comply absolutely
Fiery Guy (nodding): Just be careful. Its not something I can control. a hock or surprise - a scare, and I lash out. It just happened.
Shatter: Alright. Then listen to me very carefully...
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Well: before you walked out of the room that had the excellent view of the plaza and the rest of us you *could* see me and ... oh nevermind.
Campaign saved.
Rev (Shatter): Sorry, Dec said I could see only Sander and the Fire guy
Rev (Shatter): but if all go well, we'll be there shortly
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Ah OK :) My fault for diving into cover then - doh!
Shatter: I will move you to a place where you can harm no one
Shatter: It might be a bit uncomfortable but you need to accept staying there.
Shatter: If you struggle, there might be complications
alistair (Sander Cohen): "I will move you to a place where you can harm no one".... was that to the fire guy or to Ben? :)
Shatter: Do not even think of getting out
Shatter: Do you follow?
Fiery Guy: Okay..
Sander Cohen: Don't worry, we don't want to hurt you - we just want to make sure you don't hurt others
Shatter: I will place you there for a short while and then take you out, just so you can feel how it works. Then I'll put you there again for a considerably longer time so we can get out of here.
He nods
Sander Cohen: Which I know you don't want to do either
Shatter nods to Sander, then focuses on the guy
Shatter: Before we do this, please tell me your name
Shatter: just so we can stop refering to him as "the guy"
Fiery Guy: Stewart
Declan: (You have a guy who novas when he panics and you are thinking of dropping him into a dark pocket dimension?)
alistair (Sander Cohen): He's just 'Stewart' :)
Rev (Shatter): Sweating here thinking of the risks... Heh
Rev (Shatter): but need to get him out quick and unnoticed
Campaign saved.
Declan: Its okay. I'm sure he'll make his will save not to panic ;)
alistair (Sander Cohen): You worry when the GM says something like that...
Rev (Shatter): Just hoping he doesn't get kinetic energy to draw from...
GM: You doing anything appart from concentrating on him?
Shatter: I'll be moving you then. Please, remain calm. It is the safest place you could be in
Sander Cohen: How far is Patriot away now, Gordon?
Shatter: After saying that Shatter moves him into the Pocket.
Fiery Guy: Will save (for Fiery Guy) [1d20+2 = 4]
Rev (Shatter): *cries*
alistair (Sander Cohen): bugger
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Oh jeebus....
Fiery Guy: Dex roll (for Fiery Guy) [1d20+2 = 14]
Rev (Shatter): Made the save
Rev (Shatter): lets hope we do as well
As Shatter reaches out with his mind and moves 'Stewart' into his pocket dimension the guy starts to panic. Just as the dimension pocket closes you feel the blast of heat.
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Any chance I might figure out I can't be seen? If so, will hit the phone.
Sander Cohen: reacts to cool the air
GM: Did you have anything flamable/explosive in your PD? Like ammo etc?
Rev (Shatter): Ammo, yeah. Not enough to cause any massive explosions, but still. Also, Shatter moves the smoldering paperstuff from the earlier room there as well and didn't get the chance to dump them yet.
Campaign saved.
GM: Well the paper is definately incinerated, and the ammo will have gone off in that heat.
Rev (Shatter): Aww. There was that book on poetry (not a book of poetry) that Shatter was reading as well. Seems like he has to do a bit of a resupply.
Rev (Shatter): Just let us know how the situation looks like and we'll react
Gordon Laymark: Guys.. 120 seconds. Whatever you are planning..get one with it.
Sander Cohen: Let's go, shatter
Sander Cohen: Is 'Stewart' safe?
Rev (Shatter): So is the guy in the Pocket sill or did we fail at that?
GM: He's in the pocket - unfortunately he paniced and vapourised anything else in the pocket.. but only stuff in the pocket.
GM: As for is he safe.. he's perfectly safe.. noit sure about you.
Rev (Shatter): So he got *all* the stuff at the pocket? Meh. That's going to be a shock for Shatter, bye bye AWSM
alistair (Sander Cohen): AWSM?
Shatter (Nods to Sander): Not necessarily safe but now is the time to move
Sander Cohen: Yes, let's get out of here.
Shatter opens a portal to the streetcorner where he last saw Ben, to a sport that's not easily seen and motions Sander to move trough.
Campaign saved.
Sander Cohen: goes through
Sander Cohen: Don't we have another team member here though?
GM: okay
GM: Yeah. Greg is with Captain Roberts.
alistair (Sander Cohen): I think we should take Greg with us, unless we want him to monitor the situation in his absense? :)
Shatter moves trough as well and then searches for Ben and Greg
GM: Ben is only a short distance from you
Benjamin Wolff: is muttering about pretty flowers :P
Gordon Laymark: 60 seconds, and he's decending fast.
Sander Cohen: shakes ben
Benjamin Wolff: Hi guys - wehre's the flame guy?
Shatter (Moving to Ben): Are you in contact with Gordon? We need transportation out of here, see if he can arrange that.
Sander Cohen: within 60 seconds????
Shatter: But first we better get out of here before the army perks up. I'll move us to the park we saw earlier. Get Greg.
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): We've got the van that I'm sat in don't we?
Gordon Laymark: Yes. You have the van
Benjamin Wolff: Drives if nobody else does.
Shatter: I figure its impossible to drive the car trough a portal, no?
Shatter: We'll be seen in the van though and the windows are a bit..
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Anyone know offhand how bad the damage from that kind of sonic boom (let alone if he hits anything)?
GM: Portalling would be quicker - and the van is too large to portal..
Campaign saved.
Benjamin Wolff: Get in, shit up. *drives*
Shatter opens a portal into the park
Benjamin Wolff: Portal from inside the van then, cos the van is now moving.
Sander Cohen: Goes through the portal
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): (at least, if they were in: I wouldn't drive without them, not that mean :P)
Rev (Shatter): Yeah, portaql inside the van.. we better at least slow down before leaving it withoud a driver though.
Benjamin Wolff: The whole area is evacuated, for blocks
Sander Cohen: We don't have time to drive the van - we need to go NOW
Shatter: What ever the situation, does his best to usher people trough the portal into the park
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): We're gone already. That's what vans do.
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): They're well known for not standing still when they are driving.
Sander Cohen: Unless they're on the M25
GM: (Everyone got the Park map?)
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Good point, good point.
Sander Cohen: It's loading
Shatter: Once everyone's trough, he closes the portal
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): "loading..."
Sander Cohen: hmmm... didn't know it was Jurrasic Park
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): loaded
Shatter: So what now?
Shatter: I can't portal us into the Academy
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): So where's the fiery guy?
Shatter: Stewart is in the Pocket at the moment.
Shatter: I'm hesitant on both leaving him there and taking him out
Campaign saved.
Gordon Laymark: Guys.. I'm going to patch this through to your mobiles. Its video from the Stas.
Benjamin Wolff: If he's safe there, leave him there until we have dealt with patriod. If there's enough oxygen and stuff.
Shatter shrugs
Shatter: Should be. I've never tested this stuff in great lengths with humans
Gordon Laymark: Patriot pulled out of his decent when he couldn't see his target.. he's now circling and searching. You should see him on the video.
Shatter makes sure he's in cover beneath a tree
Patriot flies directly overhead
Gordon Laymark: Spot roll (Patriot) [1d20+2 = 22]
Benjamin Wolff: applauds
Sander Cohen: How fast is patriot going now?
Benjamin Wolff: Let's just aplaud him for destroying it and get him out the way.
Shatter: Stealth [1d20+10 = 21]
GM: less than Supersonic..just
Patriot spots movement beneath the trees and spirals down, slowing as he goes.
Shatter: We took cover here from the explosion
Shatter: That's the story
Sander Cohen: fair enough
Benjamin Wolff: Works for me.
Benjamin Wolff: Continues applauding "Great job!"
Patriot (touching down): Hello. Wise of you to seek cover.
Campaign saved.
Patriot: I can see how a villain like that might be out of your league
Benjamin Wolff: How did you destroy him so completely? You hit him like a nuke going off! *tries to look just slightly awed*
Patriot: Really? I thought he survived that..
Benjamin Wolff: Nah, seconds after you slammed him, boom, he just went, destroyed totally.
Patriot: Ah. That would explain why I couldn't find him. I thought the coward had fled.
Benjamin Wolff: I think you... burned him out, sir. Heh heh.
Shatter just leans against the tree, nodding to a few choice bits of Benjamin's words
Patriot (grinning): Well I am rather powerful. We should get back. You can only make a first impression with the press once. Its important to look calm and collected when they arrive.
Benjamin Wolff: Yes sir! *enthusiastic salute and na´ve sidekick grin*
Campaign saved.
Shatter: It might better if we'd avoid the press. Lieutenant, you should be enough to please them.
Patriot: Do you need a lift, or do you want to enter under your own power. Might make a better impression that way. We don't have to let the press know how dependent on me you really are...
Benjamin Wolff: Good point, Sir! We'd best drive, now there's no rush.
Patriot (smiling): Well if you dont want to.. but I should see them. Dont want to disappoint them.
Sander Cohen: We'll make our own way back. No point us slowing you down
Shatter nods
Patriot nods, leaps into the air, and waves as he arcs towards the town.
GM: Driving might be difficult (without the van) but that didnt seem to occur to Patriot
Rev (Shatter): At least we know what his dumb stat is now
alistair (Sander Cohen): As long as he's happy and not with us, it's all good to me
Shatter: I honestly don't know how long I can keep Stewart where he is.
Benjamin Wolff: Can we get him out without exploding?
Shatter shrugs
Campaign saved.
Shatter: I'd say we need to find a safe, secluded place quickly.
Shatter: Or we could risk a jet to the Academy but I'd rather not
Shatter: All ideas are welcome
Benjamin Wolff: Works for me... somewhere with no burnable trees, an open field or something, would be best for me.
Benjamin Wolff: Failing that, we could try letting him out near the river so at least we stand a chance of putting him out?
Shatter: I don't think that'll work
Gordon Laymark: If he goes off here the flash will be seen from town..
GM: (That was GM..not Gordon)
Benjamin Wolff: And I'll try to give him the impression of cool undangerousness...
Shatter: Sander tried to do something to him earlier and the ice he threw was gone in an instant
Shatter: Ask for a map from Gordon.
Shatter: I don't know anything of the area
Gordon downloads some area maps for you
Sander Cohen: Can we find a cold storage warehouse near here?
Sander Cohen: With me and that we may be able to keep him contained for a short while
Shatter nods
Shatter: Might work
alistair (Sander Cohen): This is where we really need Mark....
Benjamin Wolff: Hrn - any useful fields nearby? Or any useful private areas at all?
Shatter quickly skims trough the maps
Shatter: Notice [1d20+6 = 19]
Campaign saved.
Shatter: Searching for the "Perfect solution"
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): (would gather info work? got 6 in that.)
GM: Looking through the maps you pick out some large open fields, and a packaging plant which may have a suitable cold storage warehouse.
GM: Gather info is more about talking to people - its the Miss Marple thing..
Benjamin Wolff: ok ;0
Shatter: So the packing plant or the field?
Shatter: Personally I like the privacy of the plant
Rev (Shatter): What time and day is it?
Rev (Shatter): *Crosses fingers that its Sunday*
Sander Cohen: I would go for the plant
GM: Early afternoon
GM: on a Sunday..
Shatter looks at Ben
Rev (Shatter): How far is the plant?
GM: About 5 miles
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Let's try it. I'll try to use an illusion of a field. It's nice, empty, nonthreatening, cool... unless one of my skills would come up with a better idea? :)
Shatter plots a route there that takes two portals trough noncrowded areas
-> Benjamin Wolff: Nice thing about a field illusion.. He's unlikely to actually interact with it enough to even get a save. No interaction.. no save.
Campaign saved.
Shatter: The issue will be the steam
Two portals later you arrive at the packaging plant. Two refidgerated lories outside. The place looks deserted.
Sander Cohen: yes, agreed.
Sander Cohen: However, he'll absorb any heat so we need to slow down the kinetic energy as much as possible
Benjamin Wolff: Steam from a warehouse? Should be normalish enough, or at least go uninvestigated for long enough on a Sunday to get him illusioned up :)
Benjamin Wolff: Yeah, I considered adding kids playing bt then thought he might try to interact with them :)
Shatter quickly scouts around the building to find the perfect spot and then returns to get Ben and Sander
Sander Cohen: No, Ben, I'm thinking explosive levels of steam
Benjamin Wolff: Oh. Hr. True, having my handsome face peeled off by steam would cause dismay amongst the ladies.
Sander Cohen: Nah, I wouldn't worry about that
Inside the place is filled with orange juice drums, and filled orange cartons. Shatter finds a chilled room where the orange cratons are cealed.
Benjamin Wolff: Can we redirect the steam with lightwalls so it only vents somewhere safe?
Sander Cohen: Good idea.
Benjamin Wolff: I'll make it so the only real things he sees in the "field" are us, OK? Or woudl you rather be not seen?
Greg Davis (NPCed): I can give it a go.
Campaign saved.
Shatter: We should probably be able to communicate with him or the situation will not go well
Shatter: Or at least won't resolve quickly
Shatter moves everyone into the room and gives Greg the time to set up his steam control walls
Greg Davis: Probably best not to overwhelm him. Maybe if he only sees the people he's already met?
Sander Cohen: yes - Shatter and myself to start with
Greg sets up the light walls
Benjamin Wolff: OK. You'll be in a field, a slightly heat-wilted patch of grass around him to sell the illusion, everywhere else is dew-sparkling butterbups and whatnot.
Shatter: Anything else before I bring him out?
Shatter: Oh make the illusion so that he's not inclined to walk around
Shatter: Maybe seat him into a comfortable chair or something
Benjamin Wolff: OK, he'd at the top of a hill, lovely view, he'd in the best spot for viewing, nothing interesting in either direction :)
Benjamin Wolff: No, chair would mean interaction.
Shatter nods
Shatter: Your call
Shatter: If everybodys ready, I'll bring him out
Sander Cohen: ready
Campaign saved.
Benjamin Wolff: Tries not to look like he's trying not to look nervous...
Shatter: Sander try to handle most of the talking. You have a more calming presence than me
Sander Cohen: OK. I need to you be ready to send him back if things get out of hand
Sander Cohen: Can you do that?
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): I can't be seen or heard, then can.
Shatter: Oh and Ben, when you prject me, you can leave out the best and all.
Shatter nods
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): I can't be seen or heard, THEY can, rather.
Shatter: Alright, bringing him out now
Shatter points at a spot where Stewart will appear
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): ;things of dewdrops and petals...
Shatter makes him appear
Greg Davis: Will Roll (Fiery Guy) [1d20+2 = 15]
Stewart appears out of thin air. He3 no longer has the red/orange glow. He appears to have cooled, and is now a normal flesh and blood person. His clothes and personal items dont appear to have withstood the heat and he is entirely naked. He looks exhausted.
Sander Cohen: Hi Stewart, how are you doing?
alistair (Sander Cohen): Do we have some blankets / spare clothes?
Campaign saved.
Rev (Shatter): Shatter did... Untill they were all burned with the other things in the Pocket.
Greg Davis: You can now see that he's a white guy in his later 20's or early 30's. He looks slightly nerdy. He has blond hair, and green eyes, and stands around 5'9" or 5'10".
Guys. I still have you on feed, and I can tell you there are several news crews in that area.
You can now see that he's a white guy in his later 20's or early 30's. He looks slightly nerdy. He has blond hair, and green eyes, and stands around 5'9" or 5'10".
GM: (I'll get it right eventually)
Stewart Chapman (shivering): Where are we?
Benjamin Wolff: Warming up the illusion a little - warm sun shines on him.
Sander Cohen: We're in a safe area
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Mwahaha! I am a deity! Like a GM!
GM: He continues to shiver (a physical reaction), although because of the illusion he thinks he's warm.
alistair (Sander Cohen): seriously - do we have ANY clothes we can give him?
Benjamin Wolff: Naked people tend to attract news crews.
Stewart Chapman (Nodding): I dont know this area. Did we go far? Do I have to go to jail?
Campaign saved.
GM: You could find some white coats in the plant.. and maybe a twead jacket someone left.
Sander Cohen: Jail's not the issue at the moment. We need to make sure you don't hurt anyone else and we need to help you control your 'abilities'
Shatter moves close to Ben and whispers
Sander Cohen: I know at the moment you may feel a bit overwhelmed, but it's important that you work with us
Shatter: Make it so that he'll continue seeing me. I'll grab him something to wear from the other room
GM: Just so I know..have you added clothes in the illusion or is he naked in the illusion?
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): I didn't think to modify him, and it would be interation anyway - nekkid.
Stewart Chapman: What about clothes? I cant go around like this.
Shatter quickly portals to any spare clothes he might've seen during scouting the plant, gets them and portals back
Sander Cohen: One second, Stewart - we'll get you some
GM: You've just found white coats, a twead jacket and a scarf.
Sander Cohen: In the meantime, we would really appreciate it if you could answer a few questions
Shatter hands the clothes to Stewart
Shatter: They might not fit right but we'll get you better ones later
Stewart Chapman: I'll do my best, but I'm really not sure. It seems to strange.
Campaign saved.
Sander Cohen: We understand. However, if we can help you we need you to do your best to answer us.
Stewart Chapman (nodding): Okay
Sander Cohen: When did you first notice anything strange?
Stewart Chapman: I dont know. I think it was in the car. I smelt burning, so I pulled over.
Sander Cohen: How long ago was this?
Stewart Chapman: It seesm a long time ago.. days.. but everything after its a haze.
Sander Cohen: why? What's it been like since?
Stewart Chapman: Well I remember getting out and realising my feet were smoldering. I looked for a phone - I dont carry a cell. I think I might have headed towards town. I was so lightheaded.
Campaign saved.
Benjamin Wolff: Has be any immediate family?
Stewart Chapman: Then there were flashing lights, police,and I remember someone ordering mer to do something. I dont tink I did it fast enough cause he struck me..and after that its just confused.
GM: How are you finding out about familyt? Asking him?
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): (speaking to Shatter+sander, since Stewart can't hear me)
GM: Ah..
Shatter: If you don't mind me asking... How was it there?
Shatter: The place you were just before we brought you here?
Stewart Chapman: Dark and quiet. Nothing to see, and quite frightening at first, but after a while I just sat, and for the first time in a long time I wasnt being harrassed or chased.
Shatter nods
Shatter: Would you mind spending hald a day there?
Stewart Chapman: I dont know. It was so dark. It would be okay if I slept I guess. And if I had food.
Shatter nods
Campaign saved.
Benjamin Wolff: Push comes to shove, if the pocket's big enough, I could go in with him - and illusify him so it's more pleasant.
alistair (Sander Cohen): Do we have food in this warehouse?
Benjamin Wolff: Paisley wallpaper, maybe.
Shatter: There is a place called Academy where you should be able to learn to control your powers. We could move you there by keeping you in the place you were.
Shatter: We might even be able to send someone there to keep you company
GM: You have cartons of fruit juice.. huge pallet loads of it, and fruit yogurt. No other food - although you do find a fridge with milk, some instant coffee and a kettle.
alistair (Sander Cohen): yogurt.... that was enough for burn notice
Sander Cohen: Well, we should be able to move him to the academy within a day or so so that should be enough to sustain him
Shatter: Sending you food should not be a problem
Shatter: Are you alright with all this?
Stewart Chapman (nods): Okay
Shatter: Do you have any questions before we go? *The question is directed as much to Stewart as to the other members of the team*
Campaign saved.
Stewart Chapman (shaking his head): I dont think so.
Benjamin Wolff: I need to see hi to illuse him - anyone got a torch? ((do I have one?))
-> Benjamin Wolff: You dont need to. You need to be able to 'percieve' him but touch will do for that
-> Benjamin Wolff: Any accute sense - and the normal accute senses are sight and touch.
Benjamin Wolff: Oh my mistake, I can just touch him. So I can illusion a nice light... no this won't work, an illusion of yoghurt will not match up to reality and he'll come out a soggy strawberry flavoured mess.
Shatter raises an eyebrow at Ben
alistair (Sander Cohen): OK - this has gone into the surreal
Benjamin Wolff: So, I need a torch, or eating will be hard. But I'm happy to just sit with him in the dark and chat about it with him.
Shatter: I can bring you out once we're somewhere simple, though maybe not in the plane
GM: You can find a flashlight in the warehouse
Shatter: So you can eat outside
Shatter: I'll see if I can find something for the light though
Shatter: Introduce yourself to him Ben and I'll go and have a look
Shatter leaves to scourge the plant once again
Benjamin Wolff: Awesome. We have light, we have a nice comfortable pocket, with yoghurt and probably even some spoons, because no selfrespecting warehouse would be without a teaspoon near the kettle and the mugs saying "world's best dad".
Campaign saved.
Wrapping up..since we are out of time. Gordon sends a jet for you. You meet it at the airport and fly with Stewart to the academy (in a pocket dimesion). In total the journey takes over a day. Then the journey from there back to DC takes another day. You arrive in Washington DC early Tuesday morning
(The day after the summit and the decision on Parahuman registration)
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Do we get paid overtime?
Rev (Shatter): *Loves the rewind function*
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Ooh - what was the news from the summit?
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Rewind?
Declan: It seemed to be going surreal there for a bit..with the getting soggy on strawberry yogurt in a pocket dimension thing
Declan: Summit for next session - and R&R and a chance to train up.
Rev (Shatter): takes the chance to congratulate himself for making things overly complicated.
Shatter: *Stubbornly* Still, the Pocket is a great place to hid.
Shatter: *hide
Declan: (or and 2 more XP - so you should all have 6 now..)
Shatter: Poor rifle though. Got scorched before ever getting a chance to be used
Shatter: 7, actually. Got that one bonus thing back from the first go with XP.
Campaign saved.
-> Shatter: Yeah. You've got 7 :)
Declan: You can all spend opur XP - and the changes will come into effect when you get your downtime next session :)
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): I'm sure they'll equip you with one again if you ask nicely... maybe? I'd be asking for a nice torch, myself.
Declan: Or if you prefer you can just tell me what you want to spend it on and I'll spend it for you
Shatter: I'll send an email to you about it. Or post on the forums, which ever you prefer.
Shatter: Easier to find the documentation on the forums
'Dewi Morgan' disconnected
'Dewi Morgan' connected
GM: Forums are probably better.. but either is good.
Shatter nods
Shatter: Forums it is
Benjamin Wolff: Got disconnected, had a script error on reconnecting.
Benjamin Wolff: Last I saw was "poor rifle" - I miss anything good?
Benjamin Wolff: Was a fun episode :)
Declan: Okay..my confused body clock is still recovering for Malaysian time and probably thinks its 6am.. so I'm off to bed..and I have to get up for work at the real 6am, but that should be easy since by then my body will think its 2pm.
Campaign saved.
Shatter: Alright, get your rest
Benjamin Wolff: Rest well, then :) Next week?
Shatter: Thanks for the session Dec
Declan: Same time next week :)
Shatter: Hope everyone can make it next week
Shatter: Three is just a bit too few people
Declan: Night all - I'll leave the PC on whilst I brush teeth etcx so you can chat.
Benjamin Wolff: Yeah :) Slightly too few but we did good and will get a gaxillion XP! :D
Shatter: True, that
Shatter: Anyway, it's past midnight here so I figure I better get to the whole preparations for embarking to dreamland thing.
Shatter: Night all. Was fun.
Benjamin Wolff: Night :)
Benjamin Wolff: trundles off too :)
'Rev' disconnected
Benjamin Wolff: Night!
'Dewi Morgan' disconnected
Declan: Okay. Teeth brushed. Going to bed. Turning PC off.
Sander Cohen: goodnight all

Chat log started at 9.12.2007 / 19:20:38

'Rev' connected
Shatter: Foodcrafting on the side, so popping in and out.
GM: Okay (and ditto)