Chat log started at 9.3.2008 / 19:20:16

'alistair' connected
'Rev' connected
GM: Hi - back in 2 mins - getting drink
alistair (Sander Cohen): No probs
Campaign saved.
alistair (Sander Cohen): Hi there
Rev (Shatter): Hi
'Dewi Morgan' connected
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Hullo :)
alistair (Sander Cohen): Hi Dewi
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): (food brb)
Campaign saved.
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Back
GM: Back
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): wb :)
GM: Okay - no Mark for a while - he's going to be very late if he can make it at all
GM: So just wait and see if Richard makes it. Give him 5 mins
Campaign saved.
GM: I'll give you all the starting map to look at whilst you wait
GM: Everyone got it?
Shatter: Got it
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Yup - awesome! Do we get a zombie attack here?
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): I hope so :)
alistair (Sander Cohen): Ah - this is where we get breakfast debrief?
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): I just learned the other day, as well as getting atatcked by zombies, apparently you can also *buy stuff* in malls. I never realised.
GM: At the Cafe at the front of the 24hour Wal-Marty Superstore, at midnight :)
Sander Cohen: Orders the 24 hour breakfast :)
GM: Grabbing another apple - Richard has till I get back, and then we start
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Why is there an arrow pointing at Shatter with "Purple Cow" on?
alistair (Sander Cohen): It's his weekend nickname, obviously
Campaign saved.
GM: No apples so I grabbed a 250g Dairy Milk Chocolate bar - similar
alistair (Sander Cohen): You're going on the theory that the cacoa bean is sort-of a vegetable?
GM: Thats the one..
alistair (Sander Cohen): hmmm.... must see if that qualifies as one of the 'five a day'...
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Bet it does. Emylethylamine hs a vitamine, isn't it? They both end in "amine" anyway.
Its a little after midnight. You arrived and located Gordon in the cafe as promised. The cafe is next to an icecream place with the disturbing name of the 'Purple Cow' but thats not nearly as disturbing as the lifesized model of a Purple Cow.
alistair (Sander Cohen): zombie purple cow?
Both the Cafe and the ice cream places are open, but the Grill closed at 10pm.
Campaign saved.
Sander Cohen: grabs a snack and a coffee
Its been a busy day, and appart from a few bacon sandwiches you haven't actually eaten anything yet.
Gordon Laymark: I'll buy the coffee guys. What do you want
Shatter goes for a thick looking sandwich
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): (BACON sandwich? Hey!)
GM: Gordon gets out real money - not the plastic stuff
Declan: The only thing on the table at the prison was bacon sandwiches, muffins and coffee
Benjamin Wolff: A coffee and... do they do kisher sandwiches?
Gordon Laymark: I'll ask
Gordon gets up to ask the staff
Sander Cohen: Did you put any food in the 'pocket', Shatter?
Y9u note that even in the early hours of the morning there are quite a few shoppers, although at this time in the morning they are mainly buying convenience food and snacks.
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): (not that I asked in Unity, or anywhere else, whether the food was kosher :)
Gordon Laymark: They've got quite a menu, Ben. Several kosher options.
He puts a menu on the table
Campaign saved.
Shatter: Think mine has tuna in it
Shatter: And I prefer to have my food where I can see it. Did have a good supply of heinekens but the guy with a flame took care of those
Shatter: Can't say it has been a priority to resupply
Whilst you talk a mother and son settle down on the table next to you. You can see Gordon observe them, but he doesn't say anything.
Sander Cohen: A kid at this time of night?
The boy looks to be about 14 - and yes - he is in a supermarket in the early hours of the morning.
Sander Cohen: Is this private enough for this chat?
Gordon Laymark: Its going to have to do. Tomorrow morning I have to fly out.
Benjamin Wolff: I try to casually keep an eye out for anyone taking an interest in us, whether overtly or covertly.
Gordon Laymark: Guys. Its not looking too good. The secretary of state is starting some sort of investigation into the PRA. People want to know what Gensen was up to.
Campaign saved.
Gordon Laymark: And I've been reassigned. I assume its because someone wants to clean up before the investigation starts - presumable someone in league with Gensen
Gordon Laymark: So tomorrow morning I fly to Florida. Nice job out there but its obvious why I've got it. They don't want me here
Sander Cohen: Do you know who's going to replace you?
Gordon Laymark: No idea. I guess you'll find out before I do.
Gordon Laymark: Officially I'm assistent director for another 24 hours - when I start my new job, but in reality the new guy will probably be in my office by tomorrow.
Sander Cohen: Do we have any more information about Gensen? Were there other facilities like that one?
Benjamin Wolff: So if we want to plant any whoopie cushions in your office, now's the time?
Gordon smiles
Gordon Laymark: [1d20 = 11]
Campaign saved.
Shatter: So suggestions, what should we be doing?
Richard Andersaon: Anyone else feel somnething odd?
Shatter: do we?
Benjamin Wolff: Odd? Not I.
Gordon Laymark: I'm not really in a possition to advise, but if I were you I'd watch my back.
Sander Cohen: What sort of 'odd', Richard?
-> Shatter: No
Benjamin Wolff: Looking more carefully at nearby people,
Richard Andersaon: Like a static. Sort of thing you get around a TV.
Shatter looks around but then shrugs
Sander Cohen: Are you able to reach the computers in this store?
Benjamin Wolff: The hair-prickling feeling? Maybe a being watched feeling? It could be the cow... it looks a bit GM to me.
There is a sudden crackle and suddenly a variety of kitchenware, knifes, forks, spoons etc. fly through the air from the Restaurant area directly at Gordon's back.
Revealing all die rolls
Richard Andersaon: [1d20 = 11]
Sander Cohen: pushes Gordon over (if he can)
Several of the knives strike true - some even hit blade first
Shatter puts Gordon in the Pocket if he can react in time
GM: [1d20 = 6]
Campaign saved.
Benjamin Wolff: illusion to the couple (and anyone else) - gordon goes the other way to what he really goes
Gordon immediately goes very pale. You can see a lot of blood flowing.
Sander Cohen: How are people reacting?
Shatter: Are Gordon and Sander in touching distance?
The woman on the table nearby screams, and shields her son. Peaple near the veg in the produce isles are ducking. The staff in the coffeee bar seem confused and are trying to see what happened, and a guy near bulk produce has drawn a gun, taken cover and is looking all around.
-> Shatter: Yes
Sander Cohen: How's the cow reacting?
Benjamin Wolff: Apply what medical aid I can to Gordon
Shatter extends his hand to both Sander and Gordon, touching them. He then portals them to on the roof of the mall
GM: Can I have a few innitiative rolls - you were all prety much flat footed and surprised that round.
Shatter: Initiative [1d20+2 = 4]
Rev (Shatter): *Is sure to act last* Heh
GM: Richard Initiative [1d20 = 13]
Benjamin Wolff: [1d20 = 12]
Campaign saved.
alistair (Sander Cohen): Where's initiative?
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Dec can't type in here - having tech probs :)
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Front page of sheet, just below centre
Rev (Shatter): Yeah, that's a shorter way to say it
Sander Cohen: Initiative [1d20+3 = 12]
GM: Greg Initiative [1d20 = 17]
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Nice!
Okay - based on that Greg goes first, and errects a light barrier between the table and the resturant
At which point Cans start to fly at you from the Bulk foods area.
GM: [1d20 = 18]
Campaign saved.
Richar is the only person to avoid them. Everyone else make a fortitude save (I'll roll for Gordon)
GM: [1d20 = 19]
Benjamin Wolff: Fortitude save [1d20+1 = 14]
Shatter: Fortitude save [1d12+1 = 7]
Sander Cohen: Fortitude save [1d20+1 = 6]
alistair (Sander Cohen): argh
Ooops that should have been toughness. If your Toughness is better you can reroll
Sander Cohen: Tough save [1d20+4 = 23]
Rev (Shatter): It's the same
alistair (Sander Cohen): :)
Benjamin Wolff: Tough save [1d20+4 = 6]
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): ... I so shouldn't have rerolled.
Okay - a can bounces off Sanders arm. It hurt a little, but it was a glancing blow. Ben was hit a little harder - you can not a bruise on the sheet
Benjamin Wolff: Ow.
And Ben and Shatter are stunned and Bruised. Now I'd better roll for Goirdon
Oops - forget that second Ben
Campaign saved.
Got confused with the two rolls
GM: Gordon save [1d20 = 13]
GM: Greg save [1d20 = 11]
Greg took a glancing blow too.
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): I rerolled for toughness, so should be it too, unless you took the highest of the two rolls
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): should be hit*
The first roll was just bruised - the higher one
The second one would have been bruised and stunned
Richard pulls Gordon under the table
Hmm.. Ben would move next.
Campaign saved.
Benjamin Wolff: Urgh... illusion to everyone I can see (within range) - we all grabbed Gordon and ran out the store. If I can move at the same time, moving towards Gordon to help.
Okay. You are projecting the illusion
Sander next
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): I really hope it's someone we can see..
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): I bet it's the purple cow.
Sander Cohen: Goes to Gordon to see what medical assistance I can provide
Sander Cohen: Goes to Gordon to see what medical assistance I can provide
Do you want to make a Medicine roll
Rev (Shatter): Not use the healing power?
GM: And Shatter is stunned
Sander Cohen: Can I use a healing roll instead?
Sander Cohen: i.e. is there sufficient time?
GM: Greg pulls his pistol but doesnt make it obvious
-> Sander Cohen: Yes
Rev (Shatter): Yeah, acknowledged. Staggering where he stood after the knives started flying, bleeding slightly from his forehead
Sander Cohen: [1d20+3 = 18]
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Nice medical roll!
Theres a slight light where Sander is touching Gordon. He looks visibly better
alistair (Sander Cohen): That was healing, not medical
Campaign saved.
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Even betterer. I was considering using my limited medic skills, but am glad I didn't now.
One of the checkouts suddenly uproots itself and hurles itself at the 24 hour exit, smashing through where the illusionary group would have been. Looks very nasty
alistair (Sander Cohen): Good call, Dewi :)
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Heh - looks like it!
Richard ducks down behind the counter and looks out towards the cowering people
GM: Notice [1d20+5 = 6]
alistair (Sander Cohen): oops
Benjamin Wolff: (illusory people take a visible hit but can still make a getaway)
Richard Andersaon: I cant see whos doing it.
Richard Andersaon: Ben next, Dewi
GM: Ben next, Dewi
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): I'll remove the illusion from one person at a time until we figure it out?
Benjamin Wolff: Hrm - watrn the others what I'm gonna try doing, but don't change the illusion yet
Declan: (I dont understand why the combat tracker isnt announcing whos turn it is for me -= it used to)
Rev (Shatter): We aren't seeing anything either
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Is it plugged in?
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Turned on?
Declan: (It seems to be - well I'll just keep telling you)
Campaign saved.
Sander next
Sander Cohen: tries to make Gordon as comfortable as possible
And Shatter
Revealing all die rolls
Rev (Shatter): We have five people in the group, no?
(Greg, Richard, Ben, Sander, Shatter is the order)
Rev (Shatter): Not counting Shatter. Plus Gordon
(Gordon is in no state to act)
alistair (Sander Cohen): Don't forget Gordon
Benjamin Wolff: Gonna try removing the illusion from the kid first, someone want to stand behind him and put a gun to his head?
Sander Cohen: Is the kid even looking at the exit?
Benjamin Wolff: A plastic gun, maybe.
Shatter (Shouts): Escping
Shatter uses the Pocket with Split attack to target everyone to place them into the pocket (Standard action) and portals to the roof of the mall (movement)
Rev (Shatter): Can cover five targets with split attack pocket, max.
Anyone resisting that? Or are you allowing yourselves to be pocketted?
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): If we go, we'll not catch them. Still, not being dead may be more important.
alistair (Sander Cohen): Sound fine to me
Campaign saved.
Benjamin Wolff: Not resisting.
A fraction of a second Shatter is on the roof, alone (although you can feel people in your pocket)
Rev (Shatter): Shatter is molsty concerned of Gordon
Shatter: On next turn he unpockets people
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): If you have a sniper rifle, you could check for anyone trying to follow the illusion that fled... :D
Shatter: Also brings out some first aid gear if they took any when they left PRA
Declan: That will take several seconds - you can pulkl out one object (person) each round I believe, but it goes uneventfully
Rev (Shatter): Gordon and Sander are priority
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Anyone leaving the mall in a not-screaming-and-fleeing manner, that we can see?
alistair (Sander Cohen): How's Gordon looking?
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): (keeping head down while looking, mind)
Rev (Shatter): Would take 18 seconds to get everyone out of the pocket with a first aid kit
Shatter: Rich, can you see anyone in the cameraS?
Campaign saved.
Gordon is looking pale but he'll survive (you raised him from dying to disabled ). It looks like he lost quite a bit of blood.
Richard Andersaon: No cameras on. They all died the moment the knives hit.
Richard Andersaon: Someone knows what we can do
Benjamin Wolff: The moment they hit? Good, get any recordings of the area from just before, see who was looking our direction?
The lights in the store beneath you go out. You hear someone scream.
Richard Anderson: I'll have a look
Shatter: Anyone want to go back in?
Richard Anderson: [1d20 = 9]
Shatter: Without knowing the target apprehending would be difficult
Shatter pulls out his rifle and loads it
Benjamin Wolff: Not really - might be time to get out altogether. Or at least off this particular roof, just in case.
Richard Anderson: Oh hell. Guys. Get down. There are a lot of people out there with night vision. I'll try suddenly turning the gain up to max, but trhats not going to take them out for long.
Sander Cohen: What can I see with my low light vision?
Benjamin Wolff: Ah. Fun. Definitely time to leave then... any change of getting just one of them into the pocket with us?
There is s sudden yell in the dark. You see several flashes of green light.
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): chance*
Hiding all die rolls
Richard Anderson: [1d20 = 9]
Shatter looks into the darkness (Has Darkvision)
Richard Anderson: [1d20 = 19]
Shatter does his best to stap on the armor as well
-> Sander Cohen: Theres movement in the car park
Campaign saved.
Sander Cohen: ok, I think we'd better be off
-> Shatter: You can spot several people with sniper rifles trained on the main door.
Shatter: Definitely
-> Shatter: Looks like they cans and knioves were hopinbg to drive you out into the rifles
Shatter looks around the scenery (Any place to jump to for safety, hopefully long distance. Surrounding hills? Shatter doesn't know the area.)
-> Sander Cohen: You can pick out people with rifles now, both in the car park, and in the tree line.
Benjamin Wolff: I would love to know who they are though. No chance of getting one bagged before we go?
Sander Cohen: There are people with rifles out there. Keep down
Shatter: Best get Gordon safe first. Besides, this many people are too easy a target. Snipers aiming at the main door
-> Shatter: Have you got a low light enhancement on your rifle?
Shatter: Nope
-> Shatter: You could use your rifle to pick out a nice area a couple of miles away, but its going to have to be something under a street light then
Shatter: But he can see in the darkness
Shatter: the aforementioned darkvision
-> Shatter: lol - true. Doesnt need to be under a street light
Richard Anderson: Guys. Theres radio chatter
Shatter uses his rifle scope to scout out a good private location from a few miles away and then opens a portal on the ground that drops you there from a few feets
Campaign saved.
Shatter then motions Sander to go first with Gordon
Benjamin Wolff: Cool - can we listen to the radio through a portal?
Sander Cohen: Goes through with Gordon
Richard Anderson: They are getting ready to hit the place. Shotguns, Tear gas, ther works.
Richard Anderson: True
Benjamin Wolff: Sounds like a good exit cue. *steps through*
Richard heads through the portal
As does Greg
Shatter keeps an eye out on the surroundings for anything noteworthy or potentially dangerous while waiting for everyone else to evacuate
Richard Anderson: From the sounds of it they are looking for 'dangerous paragons' responsibel for the events at Buckner Ridge.
(You all gained a point of surge during that)
Shatter finally rolls trough the portal and lets it close behind him
Campaign saved.
Shatter then lets out an audiable curse
Benjamin Wolff: What's up?
-> Shatter: Make a will save (DC 5 - which I believe is your current surge)
Rev (Shatter): Test
Declan: Recieved
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Pong
Declan: Ping
Hiding all die rolls
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): OK, I give up - where do "Surge" points go? :P
Richard Anderson: Richard Will save [1d20+3 = 5]
'Rev' disconnected
'Rev' connected
Declan: I forgot to put a spot for them on the in game character sheet - but there is a spot for Surge on the paper ones
Rev (Shatter): *Coughs*
Rev (Shatter): Yeah, surge points are real sweet. Shatter's been really rakin' 'em in. Halfway trough the first ten already.
Rev (Shatter): So what did I miss?
Rev (Shatter): Checks Skype for answer
alistair (Sander Cohen): You didn't miss anything - you cursed and Ben asked you what was up
Campaign saved.
Shatter: Will save [1d20+2 = 5]
-> Shatter: Close
Shatter: Yeah, a bit too close
-> Shatter: Only just made that
Shatter: Yeah. *grins* Well, it doesn't need to be 20 as long as it passes.
Greg Davis: Do you think we could have learnt anything from them?
Richard Anderson: We still could.
Benjamin Wolff: I suspect they were not related to the knife-thrower, and possibly we were not their target, the knife thrower was. We might have been able to find that out at least.
Shatter (Covers the wound on his forehead with a white cloth he pulled from somewhere): We'd most likely gain very little from the grunts. Would need someone doing the organizing.
Benjamin Wolff: True.
Richard Anderson: Hell. One of them just said on the radio that the target is 2 miles south west somewhere. How the hell do they know that?
Shatter: I'd say the knife thrower was working with the snipers
Shatter: He tried to smoke us to the exit where we would've been shot
Shatter: And check Gordon for tracking
Benjamin Wolff: Is there anything trackingish on Gordon?
Shatter: I'll find a new place to hide
Richard Anderson: No electronics.
Shatter starts climbing a nearby tree to scan the surroundings for places to portal in case of an emergency
Sander Cohen: Who says they need something electronic to track
Benjamin Wolff: Stick him in the pocket anyway, then move, and we'll see if they follow again.
Sander Cohen: Why not put him in the pocket.... you said it, Ben :)
Shatter: Is he well enough to be left alone there?
Shatter: I know if I were to wake up there I wouldn't want to be alone
-> Sander Cohen: He should be fine.
Benjamin Wolff: I can stay with him, though I'm not great, medically.
Shatter: Maybe offer Greg to keep him company? Less people for you to control
Sander Cohen: He'll be fine. He probably could do with the rest anyway
Campaign saved.
Greg Davis: Guys. I'll look after him.
-> Shatter: Nice call
Shatter nods and focuses for a moment to send Greg and Gordon away
Richard Anderson: Radio chatter says they are coming this way. Sounds like a damned convoy.
Benjamin Wolff: Let's hop again, then.
Richard Anderson: Apparently the target just vanished.. but they are still coming to check the area out.
Shatter uses the scope again to find another safe location and opens a small vertical portal you can barely fit trough.
Benjamin Wolff: Perfect. So it's either Gordon or Greg, and it's not going to be Greg.
Sander Cohen: I knew I should have dieted...
Shatter: Rich, any chance of you being able to locate the command centre?
Benjamin Wolff: Goes through portal
Sander Cohen: goes through too
Benjamin Wolff: This doesn't gel with their "getting the bad paragons" thing, unless we're completely busted. I thought we'd been more careful than that.
Richard Anderson: Yeah. But they don't seem to be tracking us from there. Someones feeding them coordinates - by radio.
Richard follows through the portal
Benjamin Wolff: Can you triangulate on that radio, using their radios?
Shatter is the last to move trough
Shatter: I'd love to go back and keep an eye on them but with the gear they have on its possible they'd notice me
Richard Anderson: Its moving, and either its moving very fast, or its close.
Sander Cohen: patriot, does anyone else think?
Campaign saved.
Shatter: If information is all we want trying to hijack somoen from the command centre might be the best bet
Benjamin Wolff
Benjamin Wolff: Patriot wouldn't have the tracking ability. Patriot carrying someone, or someone in a plane...
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): *blink*? My name with a flag?
Declan: (Now the stupid turn thing starts to work !!)
Shatter: Or just a paragon we just haven't met yet in action
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Hahaha!
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): For my attack, I shall eat a sammich!
Shatter: Sander, any chance you could take a look at this? *Points at his forhead while moving the cloth away to reveal a shallow looking wound*
'MarkC' connected
Sander Cohen: ok, let's see.
Richard Anderson: Guys... We need to move fast. Someone just said they'd track Shatter, and they've f4ed the Command truck our location again. I'm going to screw up the electronics in the truck, but we need to hop again.
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Hi Richard! :)
Sander Cohen: do you need me to roll for that wound?
Declan: (Oh. I'll leat Mark take over Richard)
MarkC (Richard Anderson): Hi guys - sorry I'm late - but the curry was great!
Rev (Shatter): Hehee. Welcome
Richard Anderson: synopsis - anyone?
Rev (Shatter): Sorry to say but the show was even better here
alistair (Sander Cohen): Good to see you, Mark
Benjamin Wolff: What hit you, Shatter? Might they be tracking you through that?
Shatter: One of the cans
Campaign saved.
Shatter: I looked up a few other places we can jump so we can move whenever
Synopses: Gordons been knife and forked by some paragon with magnetic abilities - but Sander saved his life with healing powers. There is a swat team tracking him somehow.
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): S'bin a great session. We went to a mall, got attackedd by flying knives, fled, now being tracked by G-men with some serious kit.
Richard Anderson: how are they tracking us?
Shatter: Though if we want to resolve this we either need to take out the cordinator or move long enough a distance that they can't track us
MarkC (Richard Anderson): (ooc - sorry)
You've no idea. What you can say is its not electronically
Shatter: The bad thing is that we don't know their range so they might come at us while we stop to sleep
Richard Anderson: Right - if we want to move a long distance - we van hopp through any ATM to the opther side f the planet - if you like
Shatter scans the dark skies for anything flying
MarkC (Richard Anderson): Where are we?
Declan: Outskirts of Washington
Richard Anderson: and what do I need to know?
Benjamin Wolff: Could be someone tracking us through blood - which would explain why they were tracking Gordon first. Did they use Shatter's name through the radio?
Richard Anderson: did they?
-> Richard Anderson: That you are currently blanking all radio comms into and out of the Swat teams command truck. That you've tried to triangulate the person radioing into the vans location based on all the radios (and the time differeneces) and come to the conclusion they are near and moving fast.
Shatter while they talk, after they've been at one location for a minute or so Shatter opens yet another portal and instructs the party to relocate
-> Richard Anderson: Yes. They specifically mentioned Shatter..which is when you started blocking.
Richard Anderson: I do as Shatter suggests
Benjamin Wolff: hops through any portals shatter opens.
Richard Anderson: They specifically mentioned Shatter - yes
Campaign saved.
Richard Anderson: I'll try to cut into the comms and imitate one of the voices that I've heard - asking "what's the range we can track them at - they're jumping around quite rapidly"
Benjamin Wolff: OK, so we can say for sure that we are definitely hunted. Are they definitely government people? If so, I'd say it's probably time to join those terrorists. We need friends.
-> Richard Anderson: They've turned off all electronics in the vans, and they are old vehicles - really old so no computer controilled ignitions - but someone should have told them the dashboard clocks are still trackable.
Benjamin Wolff: Given how they're kitted out, I think it'd be hard to claim they're not the givernment.
Shatter: Did Sander manage to take care of Shatter's bruise or want us to do rolling?
GM: Sander, Ben - you going through the portal?
Richard Anderson: using my "communicate" skill - once I've done that - I'll track the vans and plot them on any working laptop
Richard Anderson: Are we in our van or are we on foot?
-> Richard Anderson: Heading straight for Shatter
Sander Cohen: goes through the portal
Rev (Shatter): On foot for now
Richard Anderson: THey're heading straight for you Shatter
Shatter goes trough as well and closes it
Shatter: I can't just make myself disappear
Shatter: Well I can, but I have to be *somewhere*. Don't think I can go to my own pocket
-> Richard Anderson: The vans have turned.. now heading towards your new location
Sander Cohen: Shatter, do you have something on you that you don't recognise?
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Like I said I go through any portals he opens :) Simplifies things since I think we'll be doing a lot of hopping while he's being tracked.
Richard Anderson: how far away and is there some transport parked nearby?
Shatter: No. So unless they're tracking me by scent I'm clueless
-> Richard Anderson: They are about 3 miles away now, travelling at about 60 miles per hour
Richard Anderson: Right - we've three mins - 3 miles away at 60 mph
Declan: Shatter - waht sort of loaction did you pick for this portal?
Richard Anderson: I unlock the nearest vehicle big enough to take us all and start the engine - disabling the alarms at the same time
Campaign saved.
Richard Anderson: unless there's an ATM VERY close
Benjamin Wolff: I'm betting it's some paragon-tracking-by-blood thing, or they've found a way to track recently-closed portals.
Rev (Shatter): A secure private location. Aiming for woods if possible. Similar to the ones before.
-> Richard Anderson: In that case no vehicles
Rev (Shatter): Using darkness as cover since it doesn't really bother him
Richard Anderson: Shatter - get us into a built up area - near shops/banks/etc.
Richard Anderson: I can get us out of here - quickly
Benjamin Wolff: Are there any planes or satellites that... nah, they wouldn't have said they were tracking him specifically if it was just a good camera
Shatter: That might be a bit more complicated... Harder to tell where is safe. Do you know if they have anyone up in the air?
Richard Anderson: aND WAS THERE AN ANSWER TO THE "RANGE" THING?
Shatter climbs to any close by tree to have a better view at the populated area close by and aims his rifle scope there
Richard Anderson: Not fussed about safe - just need to be at an ATM and we can be the other side of the country in seconds
Benjamin Wolff: How's about just getting us to the nearest telegraph line? Or does it need to be more complex than that?
-> Richard Anderson: Ranger thing? Must have missed it
Richard Anderson: sorry - asked if I could cut into the comms and imitate a voice I'd heard and ask the range on the tracking system as the targets were jumping around a lot
-> Richard Anderson: You could, but you'vebeen blocking all comms for a few mins now. Might be suspiceous.
Richard Anderson: Needs some sort of data comms at each end
Richard Anderson: OK - I'll let it pass
Richard Anderson: test?
Richard Anderson: test
-> Richard Anderson: Yup
GM: Test recieved
MarkC (Richard Anderson): I'm not getting anything guys - logging off and on again
Shatter: Does Shatter see anything that'd fit Richards needs?
'MarkC' disconnected
'MarkC' connected
-> Shatter: You spot an Print shop with a PC.
-> Shatter: You can see the PC through the window
MarkC (Richard Anderson): sorry about that - lost the text
Campaign saved.
Richard Anderson: where's the nearest bank?
Shatter (Jumps down from the tree): Sander, Ben, I'm putting you away for a while
Sander Cohen: ok - go for it
Richard Anderson: Shatter - we've about a minute...
-> Richard Anderson: About 2 miles north
Shatter pockets the two and then touches Richard. They disappear
Richard Anderson: There's a bank about 2 miles north - should ba an ATM there
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Eek
Shatter: They appear at a small print shop with a PC on the counter
Shatter: That enough?
Richard Anderson: I take hold of Shatter - "ready mate?"
-> Richard Anderson: Its got a 12 Mbit line
Shatter nods
Richard Anderson: As a start - I transport us to Unity - that's a few miles away :-)
-> Richard Anderson: No need to turn the PC on. The router is on.
Richard Anderson: I should still be able to tell what the vans are doing as I've "tagged" their electronics now
Rev (Shatter): Wouldn't unity be under surveillance still?
170 miles away, in Unity you appear by an ATM
Richard Anderson: What do they do - I'll unblock their comms too
Richard Anderson: and I'll scan locally for radio chatter as soon as I get an idea as to whgat they're doing
-> Richard Anderson: You pick up radio chatter. 'Comms are free.' 'Targets relocated again bearing 127 degrees' 'Go silent..if they were blocking they've probably got comms compromoised' 'Roger'
Campaign saved.
Richard Anderson: I'd be surprised if they thought we'd turn up in Unity just like that - they don't know about my "new improved" skills
Richard Anderson: And Oh crap! they know our bearing!
Shatter: First, how? And second, how do you know?
Richard Anderson: and that we've compromised their comms
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): I was about to ask if they did - time to flee to canada?
Richard Anderson: However - they can't talk to each other without me hearing it - that'll make it interesting for them!
Shatter: And finally, I'm somewhat confused how they can know us by name but still not account to our individual skills when trying to apprehend us
Sander Cohen: May have to watch out they don't feed us misinformation if they know we're listening
Richard Anderson: Fancy a trip to Europe?
Sander Cohen: Europe > Canada
Declan: As a GM note - if you'd come out the front door your skills wouldn't have helped that much - atleast not without warning
Richard Anderson: I'm thinking - across the water "might" be better
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Probably not PRA. Or Gordon trashed our records.... Europe sounds nice. But I don't want to be turned into s!
Rev (Shatter): Acknowledged.
Richard Anderson: Ready Shatter? I'm thinking Nortern England?
Shatter: ...
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): I was hoping for something more mediterranean and beachy. :P
Shatter: I'd prefer italy or france
Richard Anderson: OK - how about Avignon?
Shatter: Any chance we could take out whats tracking us?
-> Richard Anderson: Cat girl has just turned on the mobile
Shatter: I'd rather go that route
Richard Anderson: I take hold of Shatter and 'port us to the Caisse d'Epargne in the banking quarter of Avignon
Campaign saved.
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Darn, wonder if I remembered to pack my passport...
Richard Anderson: does she make a call or just have it turned on?
Richard Anderson: Hey - Cat Girl just turned on the phone we gave her - coincidence or what?
-> Richard Anderson: Its only been on a few seconds. Probably still initialising and searching for network.
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): (Any chance of letting us out? It'll only take a round if you just take the van out :P)
Shatter lets everyone out
-> Richard Anderson: The phone is somewhere in New York. The owner is going into the contacts and picking out the only number.
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Perfect timing :)
Richard Anderson: what are the "trackers" doing now?
-> Richard Anderson: (which is a phone you dumped a few sessions back)
Shatter turns to check on Gordon
Benjamin Wolff: Bit too much of a coincidence - where is she?
Richard Anderson: I'll take the call - "myway" when she calls it - and patch it through to the other headsets
-> Richard Anderson: Trackers are heading towards you, at about 60 miles an hour. Should reach you in about 3 1/2 hours
Richard Anderson: in France?? - that's impressive!
Shatter: Medicine [1d20+6 = 13]
Richard Anderson: did you not see that last teleport?
-> Richard Anderson: Shatter never said he portalled - so I presume you are still in Unity
Richard Anderson: I said I ported us to France before Shatter let everyone out
Campaign saved.
Richard Anderson: just before Ben made the quip about the passport
Shatter: Just for checking his wounds, maybe binding them with the stuff from the first aid kit and desinfecting if that seems necessary
Richard Anderson: it's still in the history...
-> Richard Anderson: Oh.. the trackers get confused. There is a brief comss conversation. 'Sylph says they are down.' 'Down?' 'How far?' ' He doesn't know.' 'Underground? Could be in the sewers?' etc.
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): (Got +5 medicine here if you need a hand)
Richard Anderson: Hmm... - they're getting a direction on us - even though we're in France - they think we might be in the sewers as the signal is "down" - I guess this tracking system has planetary range too
Richard Anderson: But they don't know the range - yet - they'll triangulate - eventually
Gordon appears to be sleeping. There's a huge chunk taken out of his back, which has miraculously healed.
He looks exhausted, but should recover fine with just sleep now.
Sander Cohen: Why don't you jump somewhere else, Shatter and we'll remain here - maybe we can tell if they're tracking you directly or the group of us
Richard Anderson: I look through the data I got from the AI in Buvkner Ridge for an info on a potential tracking system of this type
Richard Anderson: They're tracking Shatter
Benjamin Wolff: We're not in the US anymore - anywhere he jumped wouldn't change the angle much.
Richard Anderson: Did anything get "stuck" into you Shatter?
Shatter: Feel free to inspect
Richard Anderson: and if I don't find anything - the next port of call is the PRA system
Campaign saved.
Shatter removes the light bandage he used to cover his wound
Richard Anderson: Someone with medical skill inspect Shatter wherever he was hit please
Sander Cohen: Ben's better at medical than I am
Benjamin Wolff: Medicine [1d20+5 = 13]
-> Richard Anderson: Cross referencing using the name 'Sylph' throws up a little data - incomplete. There was a prisoner released on Gensens direct order. Marcus Sylph - supposed to be able to locate any object, or tomake himself 'impossible to find' but not invisible whatever that means.
Shatter: Could be that they're somehow tracking Gordon trough me
Benjamin Wolff: The only people wounded, I think, were Gordon and Shatter. The only people being tracked, are those two. I suspect there's a link.
Looks brused - badly buised, but no tracker
Sander Cohen: I can try healing it if you want to risk it
Richard Anderson: Oh bugger - there's a Paragon - released on Gensen's order - able to locate any object (or make himself impossible to locate) - I guess he needs contact first though - so Gordon and Shatter are our Achilles heels for now
Shatter: How did the contact happen? Blood dropped on the scene?
Richard Anderson: His name's "Marcus Sylph"
Shatter: And Sander, please
Richard Anderson: I'm guessing so - (ooc - was Sander hit too?)
Sander Cohen: [1d20+3 = 12]
alistair (Sander Cohen): Yes, a can glanced my arm
Declan: Yes - but not badly
MarkC (Richard Anderson): sorry - for the heal - misunderstood
-> Richard Anderson: That call - I'll deal with it now.. got side traclked
Campaign saved.
Richard Anderson: sitrep on the vans and also on Cat Girl's phone
Richard Anderson: beat me to it
Declan: Oh.. actually I'd better stop. Its time
Benjamin Wolff: So our priority is to locate and take out Marcus. And locating could be tricky.
GM 10 pm
Benjamin Wolff: Whee - very fun session.
alistair (Sander Cohen): Yup, good session :)
MarkC (Richard Anderson): Sorry I was late chaps - looks like I missed a good session
MarkC (Richard Anderson): Or at least most of it
Shatter: Wish we could take a week off in France, check the sights
MarkC (Richard Anderson): - But they'll have fun tracking us if we can hop around like this
GM: Hell - just so you have something to think about I'll start Richards call
Richard Anderson: I've patched us all into this by the way...
Mysterious Male Voice {sounds digitised): Hello
Richard Anderson: Hi there - to whom am I speaking?
Mysterious Male Voice {sounds digitised) There you go - one more thing to think about :)
Dewi Morgan (Benjamin Wolff): Evil :P
MarkC (Richard Anderson): I really do quite dislike you sometimes Dec!
Mysterious Male Voice {sounds digitised) I'll start next session with the call
alistair (Sander Cohen): lol, My money's on him being a computer :)
MarkC (Richard Anderson): I hope I can make it - my Sister is up from London and I "may" have family stuff to deal with - but I'll let you know before then
Shatter: This thing really taught me I need to spend more points on Initiative
It sounded like a Texas Instruments Voice Synth..that AI sounded like a person :)
alistair (Sander Cohen): lol - so it's a demonic speak-and-spell then :)
Shatter: And never take off Shatter's vest
MarkC (Richard Anderson): Hopefully see you all next week. - got to get some sleep now - night guys
Shatter: There's a bit of a difference between [1d20+1 = 17]
Benjamin Wolff: And shoot all small boys out after 10pm on sight :)
Shatter: And [1d20+5 = 22]
Mysterious Male Voice {sounds digitised) Not sure if next week is on or not. I will know by Thursday and will email you all to say yes or no.
GM Mysterious Male Voice {sounds digitised) Not sure if next week is on or not. I will know by Thursday and will email you all to say yes or no.
MarkC (Richard Anderson): OK - see you all later
GM GM Mysterious Male Voice {sounds digitised) Not sure if next week is on or not. I will know by Thursday and will email you all to say yes or no.
Benjamin Wolff: Hee :)
Benjamin Wolff: Seeya :)
Campaign saved.
alistair (Sander Cohen): lol - GM mysterious voice...
Shatter: I'll be around for two more weekends, then disappearing for three
'MarkC' disconnected
Benjamin Wolff: GM GM MV!
GM: Stuck on Mysterious male voice - odd
alistair (Sander Cohen): See you all next week hopefully
Shatter: If another player wants to handle Shatter in the mean time, they can. Otherwise he'll be at the DMs hands
GM: Okay - well we can discus that next seesion, which will hopefully be next week, but maybe week after.
GM: I'm going to get some sleep - early train tomorrow. Night all
Shatter: Take care
'Rev' disconnected
'alistair' disconnected